For a lot of couples, the perfect wedding day involves sunshine, good weather and picturesque views. However, even if you face an unexpected rainy day, your wedding can still turn out beautifully with the right approach, as you can see in this beautiful wedding of Sarah and Yannick at La Villa Hotel in Mombaruzzo. Find out in this article how to plan your Italian Langhe wedding on a rainy day: it’s going to be so special and unique!
Romantic Opportunities of Planning a Rainy Day Wedding
When you’re planning a wedding, the possibility of rain can be one of the most stressful factors to consider. But while rain on your wedding day may not be ideal, it can actually create some beautiful and romantic opportunities for your big day. Here are a few ideas for making the most of a rainy day wedding:
- Embrace the weather: If it’s raining on your wedding day, there’s no use trying to fight it. Embrace the weather and let it add to the ambiance of your day. Use umbrellas as props in your photos, or even get married under one!
- Get creative with your décor: Rainy days can provide a unique opportunity to get creative with your wedding décor. Use clear umbrellas as centerpieces filled with flowers, or hanging lanterns to add a touch of magic to your reception space.
- Plan for indoor fun: If you’re worried about rain ruining your outdoor plans, have a backup plan in place for indoor fun. Set up games or activities that will keep your guests entertained, or plan for a dance floor so everyone can let loose regardless of the weather.
By planning ahead and embracing the potential for romance that comes with a rainy day wedding, you can ensure that your big day is everything you’ve dreamed of – and more!
Creative Ways to Take Rainy Day Photos
If you’re planning a Langhe wedding and are worried for your wedding photos, don’t despair…we’ve got your back!
There are plenty of ways to make the most of a rainy day and still get some beautiful photos. Here are a few creative ideas:
- Get married in an umbrella! If you don’t mind getting a little wet, this can be a fun way to make the most of the rain. Just make sure your photographer is prepared with a waterproof camera.
- Go for a romantic walk in the rain. This is a great opportunity to get some sweet and intimate photos with your new spouse. Just be careful not to slip on any wet leaves or puddles!
- Use the rain as an opportunity to get creative with your wedding attire. Embrace the weather and wear rain boots or carry umbrellas as props in your photos. Your guests will love seeing you have fun with the rain!
- Have your ceremony indoors but take photos outside in the rain during breaks in the weather. This can give you some unique and stunning shots that you wouldn’t be able to get on a sunny day. Just be sure everyone is prepared with umbrellas and raincoats if they want to venture outdoors!
- Embrace the wet weather and use it to your advantage by planning some fun activities that can only be done in the rain, like playing in puddles or jumping in muddy puddles.
Wedding photographers and rainy days
When it comes to wedding photography, inclement weather can actually be quite advantageous. The muted colors and soft light of a rainy day can create a romantic and ethereal feel that is perfect for wedding photos. However, there are a few things to keep in mind if you’re planning on having a rainy day wedding.
For one, make sure your photographer is comfortable shooting in the rain (and of course…we are!).
Also, be sure to have a backup plan for your ceremony and reception in case of bad weather. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Last but not least, embrace the rain! If you’re willing to get a little wet, you can actually use the rain to your advantage. Be sure to take some beautiful shots of you and your spouse walking hand in hand through the rain or standing under an umbrella together. These are the kinds of memories that will truly last a lifetime.
You can see other sunny and cloudy weddings at La Villa Hotel here, here and also…here!