If you're looking for a romantic destination to get married, look no further than Verona, Italy! Not far from the ancient city of love and culture is Antica Dimora del Turco, a stunning Verona wedding venue with a lovely Italian countryside feel and incredible scenery that will make your big day even more special. In this blog post we will tell you why getting married in the countryside of Verona will be such a great choice for your wedding, so keep reading till the end!
The venue: Antica Dimora del Turco
Antica Dimora del Turco is a magnificent 16th-century villa and wedding venue located in the beautiful Valpolicella, just a short drive from Verona and the picturesque Lake Garda. The property is surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, offering a peaceful and romantic setting for a wedding.
As a full-service wedding venue, Antica Dimora del Turco offers a wide variety of services: two fantastic wedding coordinators will be ready to work with you to plan every detail of your ceremony and reception, from start to finish. They also offer a variety of catering options to suit your needs and budget. And their on-site florist can create customized bouquets and arrangements for your special day! In addition, they have a wide selection of rental items available, including linens, tables, chairs, and more.
The getting ready
A beautiful wedding day
This summer, we've been so lucky and happy to photograph the wedding of Isabel and Philipp, who decided to come tie the knot in this dream location: the wedding day began with this beautiful couple getting ready in separate suites within the villa. The bride's room was filled with light and decorated with antique furniture and beautiful paintings, making it the perfect setting for some stunning bridal portraits. Meanwhile, the groom and his party were getting ready in a nearby suite, where we captured some candid moments of them laughing and joking around.
The ceremony was held in the villa's olive grove, were simple and stylish wooden chairs were adorned with white flowers and fragrant herbs. An old country house and a line of cypresses made for the perfect backdrop for this lovely scene. Isabel bride walked down a sunny path to meet her groom beneath a beautiful archway. The couple exchanged heartfelt vows under a blue sky, as the sun cast a warm glow over the ceremony.
Our favorite part of the day was certainly the reception in the villa's courtyard! The atmosphere was great, and the lights hanging over the whole courtyard tied everything together and made the wedding look like the most beautiful Italian village festival. Please, do get beautiful lights for your wedding, we can't recommend this enough! Everybody enjoyed a delicious Italian meal, complete with local wines and traditional dishes. As the evening went on, the couple shared their first dance surrounded by the love and support of their family and friends.
Reasons why you should get married here
- Antica Dimora del Turco is an excellent wedding venue, quite close to both Verona and Lake Garda.
- The venue's stunning gardens, historic architecture, and charming atmosphere create a truly romantic setting for a wedding, while the surrounding groves offer endless opportunities for breathtaking photographs.
- You won't need to look for vendors everywhere: the staff and excellent planners working there will be able to make your Italian wedding come to life in a breeze.
- You've already found the right photographers for the job! Get in touch with us so we can discuss your wedding plans together.
The couple session and the aperitif
Useful Verona wedding links
- Check out the wedding planning teams we met at Antica Dimora del Turco, Due Concept wedding and Scelta di Classe, they'll prove to be perfect choices for your planning needs!
- Here's Antica Dimora del Turco's website
- Travel inspiration on Verona by Lonely Planet
- If you're still undecided on your wedding venue, but you're thinking of somewhere in Nothern Italy, check out our list of recommended venues on Lake Como, a beautiful wedding on Lake Maggiore, and a wonderful, unique wedding at our favorite venue in Piedmont!
Share this story